From publisher blurb:
The third chapter of the 0 hr Armada Codex presents the Kintarō (“Golden Boy”) class vessels: built-to-order starships for the wealthiest of clientele. Originally designed as a hunter-killer for the military but ultimately employed as police interceptors and high-end racing yachts, these sleek ships are built for speed. For the private market, the utilitarian military interior has been remodeled with luxury accommodations and components have been upgraded with cutting edge technology. No expense is spared, making a Kintarō -class yacht a status symbol as well as a top tier racing machine.
This issue also includes the Tachikaze-class police interceptor. Developed in parallel, it uses the same hull design and general layout as Kintarō but lacks the luxury décor and upgrades. It has an improved sensor suite instead of a swimming pool and detention cells rather than servants quarters, as well a barracks for half a dozen marines instead of a couple pampered guests. Both types of ship, as well as their support vessels (the Masakari jetbike and a law enforcement version of the Series-10 Comet shuttle) are fully detailed and illustrated in this chapter of the Codex.
The Kintarō package contains four highly detailed, layered PDF files:
- Main Book
- 24 page PDF file detailing the ships, interior areas, and carried vehicles.
- Contains several 3D rendered scenes as well as orthographic views of the ships.
- Includes system independent statistics designed for easy adaption to your game of choice.
- Background, art, and text are on different layers for custom display and printing.
- Map Pages
- 25 page PDF file containing complete interior maps and instructions for assembly.
- Miniature-scale maps for tactical combat with an optional 1 inch = 5 ft grid.
- Divided into pages for easy printing in full color or printer-friendly black and white.
- Selectable layers include: grid, black & white version, optional objects, and more.
- 2 Uncut Map Images
- Two single page PDF files containing giant 24 x 40 inch images of the complete deckplans.
- Both the Kintarō yacht and Tachikaze interceptor are included.
- Select either a light or dark background (for printing or projection/display).
- Includes layers for grid, black & white version, optional objects, and background choice.
Both Kintarō and Tachikaze ships are 195 feet long. The former, with its enhance artificial intelligence suite, can be operated by a single person but has room for five additional guests and four servants or crew. The police interceptor carries a standard crew of five plus half a dozen optional marines. It has room for four prisoners (or ten if the barracks space is repurposed for prisoner transport).
As with all issues of the Codex, this product is designed to give you ready-made ships to plug into your setting and rules of choice - lending depth and detail to your campaign. The goal is to provide a complete package, but one that can be easily broken into its constituent parts as needed. When it’s time to play, zero hour is ready!