From the back of the book:
Novus is a brand new role-playing game from Firehawk Games.
Firehawk Games did not set out to re-invent the fireball, it tried to make a fun and flexible game that can easily be adapted to many different styles of role-playing and many different settings. Firehawk Games wants to give you an old school experience with modern, up to date rules, and we believe that Novus fits the bill perfectly.
With Novus, everything you need to start gaming is in one small book.
• 6 Player Races - All of the classics; Human, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Half-Elf and Half-Orc.
• 8 Backgrounds - Everything from Barbarian to Upper Class Urban.
• 8 Character Classes - Each Class has some degree of customizability allowing for each character to be unique. The 2 Mage Classes allow for up to 21 different types of Mages, each as customizable as the other Classes.
The Archer, Fighter, Martial Artist, Minstrel, & Dual Mage are just a few of the possibilities.
• Dozens of Spells - Spread among 6 Schools of Magic and the Universal Spells, that any character is able to learn.
• 40+ Monsters - including Demons, Devils, Dragons, Undead and many more, all waiting to be unleashed.
• Snag & Boons - This allows you, the player, to take controls of your character’s own destiny when it comes to fumbles, failures and exceptional successes.