From publisher blurb:
The Manse stands, grand and sprawling, mysterious. Beyond the facade, vast potential awaits. What will you make of it..?
Landscape: The Manse is a tool designed to support the development of locations of this general type. On just one page it provides 36 map elements, five possible connectors, four tables for further depth, and a host of ideas for potential natures.
It is compatible with various genres and systems and suitable for use in roleplaying and beyond. It can be used as a source of ready layouts for specific locations, as well as to inspire, arrange and detail locations, even at the table in the course of games.
The map elements can be used at the given scale, possibly with 1:285 (6mm) scale miniatures, or redrawn as required in play.
The two pages are arranged for ease of use on screen or printed, the key features occupying a single page. The tool includes:
- 36 map elements arranged in six groups of six, all on one page
- five suggested connecting elements, one for each element type
- four tables - for orientation, doors, landscape beyond and stairs
- 18 proposals for the overarching nature of the entire complex
- a large number of suggestions for individual element natures
- a compact diceless number generator for the specific range used
The tool can be used with Narrative: Abandoned Space, the map elements acting as a setting or structure for development, as well as with Elaboration: Structure & Surface, which provides 540 descriptive terms for adding more detail to locations.