From publisher blurb:
Shapes loom - unknown in their form, material and texture, in element and layer, significance. What will they be for you..?
Elaboration: Structure & Surface is a tool designed to support the development of locations of various types. On just one page it provides 540 descriptive terms across six tables, with a table for extent and a diagram for generating orientation.
It is compatible with various genres and systems and suitable for use in roleplaying and beyond. It can be used both to inspire locations and to detail them in terms of form, material, texture, element, layer and significance, even in the course of games.
The three pages are arranged for ease of use on screen or printed, the key features in two variant layouts. The tool includes:
- 540 descriptive terms arranged in six main tables, all on one page
- the option of generating terms in a range of three columns or five
- a diagram for finding orientation, six points on each of two axes
- a table suggesting an extent, i.e. the specific surface(s) involved
- a compact diceless number generator for the two ranges used
The tool can be used with Narrative: Abandoned Space and tools like Landscape: The Manse and Location: Crawling Gorge to develop features of the sites further.