From publisher blurb:
Waters and airs await - unknown in their volume, fluid and behaviour, in boundary and load, effect. What will they be for you..?
Elaboration: Atmosphere & Liquid is a tool designed to support the development of locations of various types. On just one page it provides 540 descriptive terms across six tables, with a table for extent and a diagram for generating orientation.
It is compatible with various genres and systems and suitable for use in roleplaying and beyond. It can be used both to inspire locations and to detail them in terms of volume, fluid, behaviour, boundary, load and effect, even in the course of games.
The three pages are arranged for ease of use on screen or printed, the key features in two variant layouts. The tool includes:
- 540 descriptive terms arranged in six main tables, all on one page
- the option of generating terms in a range of three columns or five
- a diagram for finding orientation, six points on each of two axes
- a table suggesting an extent, i.e. the specific region(s) involved
- a compact diceless number generator for the two ranges used
The tool can be used with Narrative: Abandoned Space, to expand two of the 12 elaboration categories - the atmosphere and liquid of the title - as well as with the first entry in the series, Elaboration: Structure & Surface. It can also be used with maps like those given in The Acrid Well, The Low Mere and The Livid Run to develop the various volumes further.