From publisher blurb:
Dust. Stones. Great rocks. They rain from the sky. They are the sky. Gravels, rubbles and boulders. All the way down. So hollow! But for the waters... There are worlds in there. And out there too. Old worlds. Dead worlds. The dead themselves...
Looking for a weird new world to explore? Need some ready inspiration, but prefer to be left the space to make it your own?
World: Shale is a tool for this purpose. On just one page it introduces the world of Shale and provides a seed for each of six factions or facets, 36 related activities, six major locations, 36 local items or technologies and a set of ideas for getting there.
The single page is arranged for ease of use on screen or printed and includes:
- an introduction to Shale, world of shifting stone
- six seed passages, for factions or facets of the world
- 36 possible activities, six for each of the seed passages
- six descriptions of major locations in the known regions
- a simple stylised map for a sense of the landscape
- 36 local items or technologies for interpretation
- a set of suggestions for routes into the world
Shale could also be home to the weird shore of Screeside, which features in both Events: Screeside – The Gloaming and Narrative: Abandoned Space, and could even be an adjacent region to the gyroscapes, also featured in Abandoned Space.