From publisher blurb:
Some still follow the Old Road, but the journey is a far harder and more dangerous prospect than once it was...
If you need an adventure site now, with plenty of prompts to inspire the action - ahead of time or at the table - look no further...
Location: Crawling Gorge is a tool designed to support the development of narratives set in and around this location. On just one page it provides a map for six sub-locations marked with a set of possible encounters involving six individuals, factions or lifeforms, as well as six possible events for context, a table for travellers present and a basic warren generation method.
It is compatible with various genres and systems and suitable for use in roleplaying and beyond, allowing the user to decide exact natures. It can be used as a resource for this specific site or similar locations, even at the table in the course of games.
The three pages are arranged for ease of use on screen or printed, the key features in two variant layouts. The tool includes:
- a map marked with six sub-locations and a set of possible encounters
- six character sources - individuals, factions or lifeforms party to the encounters
- further description for each of the sub-locations, individuals, factions and lifeforms
- a 12-entry table for identifying the nature of the travellers present or passing by
- a simple method of generating layouts for the warrens located at the gorge
- a compact diceless number generator for the four ranges used
The tool can be used with Narrative: Abandoned Space, the site acting as a setting or structure for development, as well as with Elaboration: Structure & Surface, which provides 540 descriptive terms for adding detail to locations. The sinkhole running down into the gorge could lead to maps like those given in The Lost Dig, The Low Mere and The Great Pit.