From publisher blurb:
The smell of the sea and the wind in your face, the freedom to go where you want and take what you can: that’s what being a pirate is all about. Unfortunately, the stories of legendary pirates and buried treasure fail to mention all of the old, dry food, watered-down ale, harsh environments, and ferocious monsters.
Yeah, it is not the life for everyone, but some are drawn to the tales and thrill and others never really had a choice. The law won’t care one way or another, so grab a cutlass and load your flintlock. Will you carve our your own name in the annals of history, or will you be just another rotting corpse dangling from the gallows.
Set sail to find out.
This product is two separate pdf files.
The first is a digest-sized, 19 page book laid out like the Dungeon World rulebook. It contains...
- The pirate! (Obviously.) Turn the environment against your enemies, venture to islands in search of treasure, then celebrate by blowing it all at the nearest port.
- New equipment like the flintlock pistol, blunderbuss, grenades, flask of grog, and sharkskin armor.
- Eight new magic items: immolate your enemies with the dragonfire blunderbuss, or fold up your ship and carry it around with you!
- Two compendium classes: the dread pirate and sea-shackled. Use your fearsome reputation to dominate the high seas, or swear allegiance to Davy Jones at the cost of your humanity.
- A kind of behind the scenes look at some of the fiction and other content.
The other is a 2-page, letter-sized character sheet for you to print out and actually use. As with our other playbooks, custom graphics abound.