From publisher blurb:
Every so often, a group of adventurers stumbles upon the Book of Eight Restful Retreats
and discovers, much to their delight, that the pages are in fact doorways to idyllic demiplanes complete with lodging, food, and servants to soothe the battered and footsore adventurer. From rustic woodland camps to balmy tropical island resorts, each retreat contains unique relaxation and recreation opportunities.
Nothing good lasts forever, though, and parties who overstay their welcome find that not everything in the book is sunshine and roses. Good fun for players and GM alike, the Book of Eight Restful Retreats offers plenty of opportunities for adventure, mischief, and mayhem.
The Book of Eight Restful Retreats is a detailed description of a minor artifact, complete with:
- A beautifully comprehensive yet easily understood rule set for operation of the book and the functioning of the demiplanes
- Detailed planar traits per Pathfinder rules
- Eight thoroughly described retreats, each with a unique environment, shelter, food, and means of relaxation
- One original monster, so PCs don’t decide to permanently retire inside the book
- Loads of ideas for creative players and GMs