From publisher blurb:
Crawling through dungeons and slaying evil wizards is a hoot...and someone’s got to do it, but nothing gets your PCs as excited as intrigue, espionage, spying and spy-hunting. Give your PCs a chance to walk coolly into a room and declare, “My name is Elf-friend…Evangelina Emoria Elf-friend.”
Intriguing NPCs #3 will introduce you to two NPCs up to their eyeballs in in secrets and secret missions. Whether you use modules or create your own fantasy world, this ebook will make it easy and fun to add intrigue to your fantasy roleplaying campaign.
Section 1 of this ebook answers the questions:
- Why would we want to add intrigue to your campaign?...and
- How do we get started adding intrigue?
Section 2 introduces us to a woman who is the leader of a monastic order of women teachers…and a spymaster.
Section 3 presents a somewhat saintly mediator…who has a habit of getting into trouble.
For each of these NPCs, I give you:
- Their history and their current situation
- Their long term goals and their quirks
- Advice on adapting these NPCs to your game
- How to use the NPC:
- As a resource for your PCs
- As a traveling companion
- As a patron for your PCs
- As an enemy
- A list of ways your PCs could meet this intriguing NPC and missions they might send your PCs on
- A quote from the NPC, to help you further understand their character.