From publisher blurb:
What's inside the box?
Puzzles in tabletop RPGs tend to be enormous, on the scale of rooms, something that needs a dungeon, castle, or bank built around it in order for it to make sense. As such, most puzzles can't be poached from something you've already bought for use in the game you're playing now.
Originally part of the abandoned community project "Everything but the Monsters", Perplexing Puzzles #2: Puzzle Chests introduces treasure chests that are locked with a puzzle rather than by key. Small and portable, these puzzles can be plopped into a game wherever you feel like it!
- 27 puzzle chests spread over 59 pages of content
- Optional special rules that change the way a puzzle chest is played
- Integrated traps that trigger when the players make a mistake
- Flavorful standard and standard-and-a-half loot presented for all non-advanced chests
- Advanced chests for players who want more of a challenge
- New magic weapons and wondrous items
- Plot hooks! Knowledge skill check lore regarding the rise and fall of a caricaturist, the kraken who once owned the world's largest flawless ruby, an emperor whose corpse was turned into wine, and the manufacture of ultramarine paint
- Up to 16d6 (or a sheet or two of scratch paper) is required in order to play the largest puzzle chests