From publisher blurb:
Congratulations, you're dead and the afterlife isn't what we thought. Play as Bhoots, Dolls, Ghosts, Ghouls, Skeletons, Vampires, Zombies and more in a game where you take on the role of the recently deceased. Set in the Great Beyond, a reinvisionment of the ancient Egyptian Hereafter at the pinnacle of Victorian society, players take part in the Great Journey - a grandious adventure of spiritual evolution and discovery of one's final reward. But spooks be warned, as the Great Beyond can be a dangerous place. Filled with demons, faeries, mummies and all other sort of things that go bump in the night, spooks must prepare themselves for anything. Equipped with magical spell cards and the right amount of firepower, you may yet be able to escape being bound for all eternity or worse, meeting the void that lies in the darkest haunt of our dreams.
Explore the dreams of the living and dead, survive the inferno of the Hellfire Lands, uncover hidden treasure troves in the Salts, rise the height of spook society, meet historical figures from Earth's past and learn the secrets that unlock the way to the hidden afterlives of old. How will you spend eternity?
Spooks! Welcome to the Great Beyond runs off a Xd6 gaming mechanic and incorporates the use of spell cards. You can purchase the spell decks individually or you simply use a poker deck you already have at home.
- Quick Character Creation Rules
- Improvise friendly game mechanics
- Denizen (Monsters), Equipment, Magic Item and Spell Card Creation Rules
- Over 50 pages of Setting Material
- 24 Historial Figures including Ada Lovelace, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson and H.P. Lovecraft
- 34 Premade Magic Items, 41 Denizens, 8 Kickstarter Backed NPCs
- Player's Guide and Storyteller's Guide