“For sixteen years, I’ve been a cop. For sixteen years, I’ve been living in dirt and take it from me… some of it’s bound to run off on you. You get to hate people; everyone you meet.” –– Shield for Murder (1954)
The Big Crime is a roleplaying game that faithfully and meticulously emulates the bleak, shadow-drenched crime thrillers of the 1940s and ‘50s – Out of the Past, The Asphalt Jungle, Double Indemnity, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and hundreds more! Every aspect of the game was designed to evoke the pessimistic, desperate tone of these films!
- Extensive information about film noir, so that even those unfamiliar with these movies will be able to get in on the fun right away!
- A game system that plays fast and “feels” like the source material in every way imaginable!
- Rules for Temptation that immerse players in the world of film noir!
- A quick-and-dirty character creation system that is neither random, nor points-based.
- Advice for players, aimed at helping them embrace the genre!
- Advice for the Director, including details about integrating cinematography to enhance the authenticity of the games he runs!
- Search By Night, an exciting ready-to-play adventure for you and your group to enjoy, available in two different versions: the Theatrical Release and the Director's Cut!