From publisher blurb:
This file offers a wealth of information for building adventures that involve ancient cultures and their lost languages. With these 17 languages from Earth's history players can learn about lost and forgotten tongues like Atlantian, Byblos, and Rongo-Rongo --the native language of Easter Island.
Delve into the lost history of 1948 as you track down fragments of the archaic Osiran language and discover the terrifying secrets of ancient Egypt. With this knowledge you might find yourself searching the libraries of Tibet for scraps of Vedic Sanskrit and uncover the lost history of the Nommos or the Vimanas. You might then pour over mysterious tablets found on a remote island in the Pacific or search the globe for relics spoken of in ancient Atlantian scrolls.
Each language in this document is presented with information about where and when it was used, where characters might find examples of it today, how difficult it is to decipher the language, and what they might learn if they succeed at decoding these ancient scripts.
This file features:
- 17 different languages including Atlantian, Classical Cuneiform, Etruscan, Byblos, Indus, Olmec, Ramic, Zapotec and others
- Historical information on the cultures that used each language
- DCs for researching and deciphering each language
- External links to additional related information
- Tips on what could be learned from each language