From publisher blurb:
Cogs, Cakes and Swordsticks is a game of steampunk pulp adventure, designed to be played in the comfort of your favourite tea shop with your friends, and requiring nothing more than your imagination, a pen, napkins and a sugar cube (should a six-sided die not be readily forthcoming)*.
This brand spanking new edition combines both the core rulebook and the game's first supplement, Atlantis: City In The Clouds, plus a little something extra.
Inside you will find:
- A nice, simple introductory guide to get you playing as quickly as possible (including a short adventure with its own pregenerated characters)
- More details on the setting and rules, including how to create characters of your own and how to run a full game of Cogs, Cakes and Swordsticks (with another, bigger adventure set against the backdrop of the British Museum)
- A closer look at Her Majesty's fantastical flying city HMFSC Atlantis, a marvel of the modern age and the new jewel of the British Empire, which hovers above the Atlantic Ocean like a proud, floating galleon. Well, a gigantic, metal galleon that doesn’t actually go anywhere, but I’m sure you get the general idea
- A feature-length mystery set aboard The Cog (as Atlantis is known to her inhabitants)
- And, for the first time, a selection of historical trailblazers ready for use in your own adventures
So grab the cake of your choice and a piping hot cup of tea, settle down and allow us to welcome you to the Empire of Steam - an age of marvellous gizmos and mad inventors, Babbage Engines and flying steamships, dashing heroes and femme fatales, and the odd fiendish villain for good measure. In short: a time of exploration, intrigue and high adventure! We’re glad you could join us.
[*]Although sugar cubes aren't actually cube shaped these days. What ever is the world coming to?