From publisher blurb:
Lifeblood of the interstellar economy, the 400-ton Subsidized Merchant works the trade routes hauling everything from live cattle to processed diamonds – in bulk. Few other cargo ships have the Type R’s versatility and capacity. It boasts a 200 ton roll-on/roll-off cargo deck, a streamlined hull allowing to touchdown exactly where that cargo is needed and a 20-ton launch for fast passenger turnaround. It is the Boeing 747 of its day, yet built in far greater numbers.
The Operator’s Manual provides you with the essential guide to this famous starship; it focuses on one particular example: the ICSS Constantine and its crew. Tour the ship, find out how it loads and unloads, explore the numerous variants that have been built and discover just what passengers get up to while on-board.
The Type R Operator’s Manual is packed with features:
- New, revised deck plans
- Crew details, with skills and characteristics and duties
- Ten variants including a tanker, research ship and fighter carrier
- Full walk-through of the deck plan
- Eight elevations showing the liveries of various operators
- Deck plans and details of the 20-ton Modular Launch
- The 5-ton Parasite Fighter, carried on the Fighter Carrier Variant
- The Scarab cargo container loader – a new vehicle
- 66 dramatic, unusual or interesting events en-route
- Detailed ship’s locker
- Ship Sheet for use in-game
“ICSS Constantine ... cleared for landing, pad four, winds south one-seven, switch channel one-zero-zero-nine . Make this a Khe Sanh approach, boys, the locals will open up with thirty mils as soon as they hear your engines. Watch for the flashes of their guns on the ridge nine-zero-zero metres to the north. Loaders are prepped for your touch-down... expect a turn-around of one-five minutes, but there WILL be mortar rounds incoming.
Good luck Constantine. Tower out.”
This book is for the Mongoose edition of Traveller and set in the Third Imperium, although it could fit in just about any other setting.