From publisher blurb:
Unlock the power of the heart's blood!
"Religious dogma insists that we accept that the gods are all-powerful, effectively omnipotent save for when they step on the toes of another god. If that were so, why does every god have at least a passing interest in the maintenance of an array of mortal worshippers? The fact is we do not factor into the motivations of the vast majority of the gods unless we 'mere mortals' are, in fact, the very source of their great powers. Why not keep these powers for yourself?"
Strange warriors who elect to worship the potential of mortal flesh rather than the gods, sanguine disciples use themselves as ritual foci, drawing from their own vitality to fuel both great feats of strength and powerful magic. Despite the common perception, not all sanguine disciples are walking pillars of muscle. Indeed, bodily constitution, not aesthetics, is the true measure of a sanguine disciple, and the barrel-chested tavern brawler the next town over may be closer to their definition of the mortal ideal than the handsome traveling performer.
The sanguine disciple is a new take on the concept of martial maneuvers, combining a pool system that replenishes itself on kill, "combo point" tracking for the use of devastating finishers in a long fight, stacking bleed effects, and heavy use of both swift action and standard action abilities to make skirmishing not only viable, but downright more powerful than full attacks if you play your cards right. Sanguine disciples can easily bleed out the most powerful of creatures in short order, but those who do not pace themselves may find their body overtaxed and be forced to drain themselves of their own bodily Constitution to keep maneuvering.
- Favored class options for all common races, as well as most featured races.
- Innovative blood point system fuels complex maneuvers and also allows for temporary reduction of the characters own Constitution score to keep doing the flashy stuff
- Nearly 80 bloodsongs (maneuvers) in four distinct types
- builder – active ability that generates focus in addition to other effects
- finisher – active ability that requires focus to perform
- harmony – stances that grant a benefit, but impose a related penalty
- resonance – passive bonuses