From publisher blurb:
In the year 1982, Earth’s destiny was forever altered by the swing of a hammer.
A simple mining operation led to an unprecedented discovery: the Infinity Stone, a stone with an impossible number of facets, emanating an intense inner glow and inscribed in an unknown language. This beautiful, alien object changed everything, for it was a window to other realities, allowing glimpses of what might be or could have been.
Years of exhausting — and sometimes disastrous — experimentation culminated in a discovery beyond imagination: the stone opened a portal to a mystical world teeming with life, full of clean air and azure skies. In this world, our fantasies were reality. Legendary creatures roamed the land and sky, while elves, dwarves, and orcs inhabited the land in place of humans. It is in man’s nature to explore the unknown, to know what lies beyond…and so blindly humanity plunged…
Emergence is an exciting, easy-to-learn roleplaying game that takes place on the Earth-like world of Kython.
Emergence blends elements your favorite games into a single cohesive setting. The heart of the game world mostly resembles that of modern earth, but as you venture away from this comfortable and familiar center, different genre components shift in prominence. High fantasy, sci-fi, horror, dark science, occult, and post apocalyptic settings all shine through in the final vision of the world.
Through this interplay of genres you can insert all the fantastical elements that make you love roleplaying games, into a world that you already know. This eliminates most of the learning curve of the setting, allowing you and your group to get into the action faster.
Mechanically, Emergence is as rich and varied as the setting in which it takes place. Emergence places a high value on player choice. You can customize nearly every facet of your character, along with his gear, vehicles, mounts and body. Below are some of the options and features included in the Core Rulebook and that make Emergence the game you and your group will love for years to come:
- Determine all rolls through a simple system using only three six-sided dice
- Engage in an exciting, fast-moving combat system that encourages immersion and creative thinking
- Gain a broad knowledge of Kython through background information for dozens of locales and governments
- Create a unique racial makeup by combining elements of the four player races from a pool of over 50 racial traits
- Represent your base experiences through 16 character backgrounds
- Use diverse and broad skills to specialize while maintaining a sense of versatility
- Construct incredibly diverse characters using specialized abilities from 33 talent trees and over 650 talents and benefits
- Customize your equipment and vehicles through systems that allow thousands of combinations
- Forge your body and spirit into whatever you can imagine using four complete systems for Augmentation—Cybernetics, Fleshweaving, Runescribing, and Magic Items
- Garner advice and rules for creating environments, quests, adventures, and campaigns in the Game Mastering chapter
- Create opponents and character companions using quick, simple rules that also allow for virtually unlimited combinations and possibilities
So grab some friends and some dice, and bring your imaginations………. Adventure Awaits!!!