From publisher blurb:
PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF HORROR TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE!
From the Award Winning Developers of OUTBREAK: UNDEAD...
Outbreak: Deep Space is a Sci-Fi Survival Horror RPG that allows you to create your own nightmare world in the realm of Deep Space. Created using the same gritty, deadly, and unforgivable settings that you’d expect from the creators of Outbreak: Undead.
O:DS is a open world system that allows you to build 3 types of settings of Horror:
Creatures who mutate or bend the laws of nature, be it man-made or extraterrestrial.
Aliens with vastly superior technology to our own. This isn't war, it's slaughter.
Vast Horrors from another reality, bending time and space and twisting the minds of man in it's wake.
- Choose from a wide variety of Character options, even use yourself as a template to build off of for immediate immersion!
- Fluid Chracter Advancements and Unique party Roles (be the 'morale center', or 'gun nut' of the group!).
- Fully customizable gear options to make any weapon, armor or device your sci-fi imagination can devise!
- Go on GM designated 'Missions' to earn Survival Points and unlock a Finale to your Survival Horror Adventure!
- As your players generate 'RISK' with their actions, you can choose to use RISK to purchase a wide variety of hazards and upgrades during the game!
- A simple Encounter Based System, which keeps gameplay either scripted and structured, or fast and loose!
- Run Single Session Horrors or Sweeping Campaigns of Terror
- Build Dread Slowly, or create action/adventure moments of gameplay!
Random Scenario Generators
No two games will ever be alike, as the ability to generate random scenario objectives, will allow a GM to experiment and weave narratives to link the randomly generated events together. Storytelling just got a lot easier now that you know the main plot points! The GM is always free to invent their own objectives and, more importantly, their own dramatic endings
We don't ask the Question *If* you're going to die. But *how* and *what will you accomplish* in that time?