From publisher blurb:
Better Mousetrap is finally back for Mutants & Masterminds 3e!
Better Mousetrap was the most extensive, largest third-party rules supplement for the second edition Mutants & Masterminds rules, and the re-release can make the same boast for third edition. You simply won't find a Super-Powered by M&M supplement to match it.
Written by Steven Trustrum, contributor to the DC Adventures product line, and illustrated by industry veteran, Eric Lofgren, this massive sourcebook covers everything from how to create interesting, challenging super-villains to new game mechanics (advantages, extras, flaws, new game mechanics, and more), to entirely new rules that will help you take your game to a new level of excitement.
Within Better Mousetrap 3e for Mutants & Masterminds you will find:
- The Metahuman Threat Scale, a tool for classifying how dangerous the opponents in your game are.
- More than 50 Expertise Skills explained, including a Skill DC Benchmark Table for each. Also, skills for brainwashing and hypnosis in detail.
- More than 50 New or Expanded Advantages, including updating the Minion and Organization Advantage categories.
- A New Power Effect, 13 New Power Builds (including the return of Rage and Master Plan as powers), 19 New Extras, and more than 40 New Flaws.
- The Amounts Table, which adds a column to the Measurements Table for keeping track of how much of something is represented in the game mechanics, updated Radiation Exposure rules, and 19 New Complications.
- Detailed and updated Hot Pursuit & Vehicle Combat rules.
- Pushing your heroes beyond Extra Effort with Exceptional Extra Effort.
- 6 New Villain Archetypes, including the Beast Lord, Immortal Despot, and Trap Master.
- 11 Rank & File Stock Minions, including the Trooper, Pilot / Driver, and Brute.
- New Drugs & Poisons, and dozens of New Weapons, Ammunition Types, Constructs, WMDs & Super-Weapons, and Deathtraps that make use of the new rules.
- 15 New or Expanded Vehicle Features.
- Detailed guidelines on building and interacting with Security & Defense Systems.
- Rules for Making Organizations and representing them in game mechanics that matter.
- Rules for Crowd Entities: taking the masses and simplifying them as a single "character" to help keep combat fast.
- A New Headquarters Design System. More details, more features, more possibilities! And introducing Headquarters Complications. (The Appendix also collects the original HQ features and presents them with the new features using the previous format if you prefer the default system for building headquarters.)
- New villainous organizations with which to oppose your heroes in the form of CORE (along with stats on their rank & file minions, and the Elite, their team of super-villains) and Masters, Inc. Both organizations are built using the new organization design rules.
- 5 New Solo Villains: The Craftsman, The Gamemaster, Gunpunk, Scarlet Jester, and The Termite.
So, pick up your copy of Better Mousetrap 3e and be prepared to fill in many of the missing pieces that have been absent from your Mutants & Masterminds game!