From publisher blurb:
Legends speak of assassins whose lethal skill and fierce dedication to their clans and causes are exceeded only by their mystical prowess. The few witnesses who have survived encounters with these killers describe terrifying abilities no mortal being could possess: men who soar through the air on the faintest breeze or weightlessly dash across the surface of a lake; women with senses so sharp they can fire an arrow through a target on the other side of a wall; and bands of warriors appearing as if from nowhere, striking in an instant and vanishing into the night. There are so many variations on the legend that no clear idea of the assassins’ true abilities can be verified, but in every accounting they are known by only one name: Shinobi.
Depending on the campaign, a Shinobi could be…
- A legendary shadow warrior whose secret training lets him fire ranged weapons with extreme speed and effortlessly glide through the air
- A high-flying ninja who can turn a handful of shuriken into a deadly hailstorm
- A master of poisons so exposed to his own toxins that his blood has become a lethal cocktail
- An expert assassin who can take out a target and melt into the night before anyone notices the kill
- A sword mistress so deadly that a single stroke of her blade can fell even the mightiest warrior
- A mystic spy employing both magic and stealth to befuddle and bypass his foes
This expert class expansion also includes six new Paths defining the Shinobi's discpline and fighting style, a new Unarmed Combat feat chain focusing mysterious and mystical qi energy, and a dozen new spells supporting Shinobi tactics.