From publisher blurb:
Born in nuclear fire, the kaiju stride across the face of the world, unstoppable. Only one power can hope to match these giant monsters: the Mecha Assault Force!
Become a fearless mecha pilot in this anime-inspired role playing game powered by the Fate Core engine. Craft your character based on anime archetypes. Design giant robots with custom-made weapons, armor, and other exotic systems. Pit your players against monstrous kaiju capable of leveling cities. Enter an intricate setting inspired by giant monster movies, military robot anime, and martial arts epics. Uncover the secret history of Japan and use its wealth of story possibilities to inspire your own battles in the relentless, never-ending conflict of Mecha vs Kaiju!
MECHA ASSAULT FORCE - IKIMASU!!!
Mecha vs Kaiju is both a setting and a toolbox, featuring a number of new additions to the Fate Core system:
- Anime-inspired Archetypes with unique stunt trees.
- New modern-day Skills with matching associated Stunts.
- Rules for the Supernatural, allowing players to use science, reilgion, or both as a basis for exploring the unknown.
- A complete Mecha and Kaiju Creation System, including numerous optional rules to match any style of play. Create Aspect-only mecha, or go in depth with a point-based system capable of crafting any giant monster or robot you can imagine.
- Play during any era of "kaiju eiga" (monster movie) using a complete Alternate History of Japan, from the creation of the first kaiju at the end of WWII through to the modern era. This timeline mirrors the famous giant monster films of history, and indeed assumes that every one of them actually happened.
- Gamemasters will find inspiration in the Secret History of Japan, reaching back to its mythological beginnings and incorporating many of the great moments in the nation's history.
- Finally MvK features a complete Campaign, plotted like an epic TV series, that sees players grow from raw recruits to mecha aces!
Mecha vs Kaiju requires the Fate Core rules to play.