From the Back Cover:
The Pellinen Islands - The rocky shores, soaring peaks, fertile valleys, and above all, the grasslands teeming with the tribal herds of ancient nations. Here the fates of nations play out in the most dangerous ways. Courts of intrigue, ruthless traders, secret societies, and a rift between churches that may never heal. The Pellinen Islands are not for the faint of heart; they are the lands where legends are sung, and passed down through the generations. The Pellinen Islands are where the ancient tribes fight for survival (and conquest) against the usurper kingdoms who have continually pushed their boundaries as their populations have grown. The Pellinen Islands are a seafaring land full of traders plying the worlds’ seas, and returning with the riches of many lands to fill their own coffers.
What buried secrets lie in the mountains? What intrigue in court will cause today's favored councillor to fall? What fortune will be lost or won in a shrewd deal on the Kfanelaw? And where will your next adventure take you? The Pellinen Islands await!
The Pellinen Islands include:
- 84 pages filled with new lands and places for your characters to explore
- A full-color map of the islands, loaded with reference data and additional maps of languages, politics, and other information
- Over a two dozen sidebars with notes on the culture and lifestyles of the Pellinen Islands
- Over 15 new countries, half a dozen new cities, and over a dozen new characters to meet on the way
- More than 20 location maps to give the characters somewhere to start