From publisher blurb:
The disc planet Cairnvarthi: It was forged by the gods, and is under constant threat from Orcus and The Thrir. Do you have what it takes to withstand those forces of Chaos? Those who do have much glory and treasure to claim! Drawing inspiration from Norse, German, and Celtic culture, Cairnvarthi offers somewhere fantastic and new yet comfortably familiar for you to adventure in.
This book is split into two main sections. In the first you will learn about the realm, its history and people, its gods and demons, and everything else you need to know to become familiar enough with the setting to set your players loose in it once they have played through the second part, which is a campaign that takes new first-level characters up to fifth level!
Other features include:
- A race of goblinoid henchmen for characters to use, known as Gooblitts.
- A rat-like race of monster, known as the Ratten.
- A system of magic for servants of Chaos to use (as found in ME503).
- Random encounter tables for different terrain types for each of the Three Kingdoms.
- Information about groups of note that characters can interact with.
- Roughly 200 NPCs with stats and descriptions along with space to add your own notes about them as they appear in your game.