From publisher blurb:
The year is 1242. The Mongol army crushed Baghdad and then Russia under its heel, and then moved on to devastate Poland and Hungary. The Holy Roman Empire stood to war with the Papacy. The second Lombard League wielded the word of the Pope and fought off Frederick II.
The vampire War of Princes rages. Patricide looms. Young powers look up the ladder to the next rungs, and see stagnation and hypocrisy. They see targets. When they look down, they see humanity. They see a power that could change everything. They see mortals organizing into universities and empires.
In the mortal world of 1242, power shifted at the rate an army marched. For the undead, power shifts faster than a fire overtakes a haven. To the Damned, power flows as fast as blood from an ancient heart.
Vampire 20th Anniversary: The Dark Ages is a storytelling game of horrific power.
What You'll Find Inside
- Thirteen vampire clans, and nineteen bloodlines.
- All three castes of the dying Salubri: the Warriors, the Watchers, and the Healers.
- Bloodlines from every edition of Vampire, and from all over the known world.
- A new approach to Tzimisce Koldunic Sorcery.
- An "apocrypha of the clans" featuring fiction, lore, Roads, and alternative castes within the clans of Caine.
- A complete game in one book, which does not require Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition.
- New full color original art by Mark Kelly, Kieran Yanner, Brian Syme, Andrew Trabbold, and other fantastic artists, as well as a handful of classic B&W pieces carefully chosen from the earlier editions.