From publisher blurb:
First they saw my evil deeds.
Then they spoke of them.
Then they cast their stones.
For most of her life Jacinda knew nothing but anger and misery. When she was offered the power necessary to improve her lot, even at the potential cost of her soul, even if it meant others would suffer, she accepted.
Greedy, cruel, and careless, she was quickly accused of dabbling in black magic and sentenced to death. Believing that they were purifying their city of a great evil, the citizens of Lichfield burned her at the stake.
Unfortunately, with her dying breath she cursed the entire city to suffer her fate...
Can the characters navigate the burning city of Lichfield, infested with former citizens burnt and twisted by Jacinda's hatred and fears, and stop her before it and everyone within is dragged into Hell?
Play to find out.
This adventure was originally part of the April Mythoard package. It has been modified to be full-color and wholly independent from the "Mythoard" setting. Inside you'll find:
- Four ways to use and start the adventure.
- Jacinda formatted as a danger.
- An overview of the city of Lichfield (using my steading-stat-block), which includes a map, some of its citizens, places of interest, location moves, and so on.
- A similar treatment for Lichfield after the curse takes effect.
- Random building contents and floorplans (in case the characters try to hide in or loot buildings).
- A customized treasure table specific to this adventure.
- A new magic item (that you'll have to pry from the hands of one of the monsters; good luck).
- Four new monsters (five if you count Jacinda's blackened skeleton), each drawn from the Jacinda's mind.
- A small dungeon, which includes a very Silent Hill-esque puzzle.