From publisher blurb:
Power For Sale. A billion dollars, legal immunity, and a Nobel Prize. That's the supervillain Red Giant's price to reveal the secret of the Dynatron--his miracle machine that can give anyone super-powers. Nobody's met his price... yet.
For a mere half-million, you can step into the Dynatron and receive super-powers yourself. Lots of people take this offer: Gangs and governments that want super-thugs and super-soldiers; would-be villains in search of origins; established villains hoping for power-ups. Won't you join the list of satisfied customers?
Here's what you get in Shared Origins: The Dynatron:
- Background and game mechanics for the Dynatron--the Instant Origin Machine!
- Nine sample villains who gained their powers from the Dynatron, from the out-of-his-depth Mob enforcer Orb to the city-freezing Fimbulwinter. Each character comes with a complete character sheet, background, story seeds, and a full-color illustration.
- One sample hero, ready to play or use as an NPC.
- The story of how Red Giant invented the Dynatron and the consequences for him and his first supervillain team, the Rainbow Cartel.
- A brief discussion of "Power Vendors" as reusable sources of super-powered characters, with four more examples of this type of origin story.
- A look at the practical difficulties of selling super-powers and owning the most valuable machine in the world.