From publisher blurb:
Welcome to Dispatches from Raven Crowking’s Nest Volume I. Pull up a chair, set your drink near your hand, and let’s talk. That’s pretty much what this is. Chatting about games in general, and Dungeon Crawl Classics in particular.
As the name implies, Dispatches has its genesis in my blog, Raven Crowking’s Nest. Dispatches has a few advantages over the free blog versions of the same material. First off, the material has been re-edited, cleaned up, and in some cases expanded. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, it is in print so that you can keep it on your gaming shelf. Finally, Dispatches will contain some new material as well…a “thank you” for your continued interest!
I have opinions – lots of them! – but I’m going to dispense with the “IMHO”s and “IME”s, and assume that you, the Gentle Reader, are smart enough to know that I am talking about my own opinions and experiences. And, if I am wrong in that assumption, feel free to tell me so!
In this volume:
- Choices, Context, and Consequences
- Prepare for the Epic Endgame!
- Fudging - Just a Different Style?
- Reading Appendix N
- Shanthopal - Background to the Golden City
- Using Patrons in the Dungeon Crawl Classics Roleplaying Game
- Devising Initial Adventures for Dungeon Crawl Classics
- Learning Spells on the Fly, or, The Slippery Slope of Arcane Doom
- Ammonites for Dungeon Crawl Classics