From the publisher:
GURPS often treats spells as skills, balancing stronger magic not with point costs but by requiring more time, risk, energy, or all three. Yet wizards in some settings can conduct rituals -- even powerful ones -- quickly, safely, and repeatedly. These magic-users wield a kind of innate magic known as sorcery.
GURPS Thaumatology: Sorcery treats magic as a power and builds spells as modified advantages. This gives you the flexibility to create and cast any spell you can imagine, along with the confidence that it will follow clear and consistent rules. And because sorcery is limited only by point cost, its strength scales directly with the campaign's power level.
This tome contains everything you need to start down the path to enlightenment:
- Complete, simple rules for creating sorcerers: Just choose Sorcery and Talent levels, and then pick a few spells!
- Nearly 50 ready-to-use spells -- inspired by GURPS Magic but built using advantages -- with guidelines for creating more.
- Rules for improvising spells you don't know. Though powerful magic is hard to improvise, sometimes a cantrip is all you need.
- A complete enchanting system, with rules for creating your own artifacts or buying them (with money, not points).
- Plenty of GM and player advice, including "Under the Hood" boxes explaining important assumptions, complex builds, and more.
GURPS Thaumatology: Sorcery puts you in complete control, giving you a potentially unlimited grimoire and as much power as you can afford. What will you do with it?