From publisher blurb:
How, in the Name of the Trollgod, Did I Get Here!? is a fantasy RPG character background generator.
A freshly completed character sheet tells you a lot about a character's basic attributes, wealth (or lack of it), and equipment, but what did this paragon of innocence do before this first day of their new life of adventure, and what led them to abandon their old life? All will be revealed inside these pages!
Old Delvers Never Die...
Also included in this book is a character 're-generator' dedicated to those unfortunate or foolhardy characters no longer with us.
Dearly departed heroes and fools can now be revived for one last adventure, or maybe more, because it turns out they had a miraculous escape back when everyone thought they'd breathed their last. Now, many years later, they’ve at last rekindled their lust for adventure, so dig out those old character sheets and take your many erstwhile deceased delvers on one last hurrah!
The whole package includes:
- gameplay like a mini solo adventure for each character generated
- medieval/fantasy occupation tables (100+ occupations)
- magical occupation table (30 occupations)
- tribal and higher kindred occupation table
- career experience, crisis and promotion table
- life events table (36 different events and effects)
- characteristics table (1000+ characteristics)
- miraculous escape table (30 different escapes and effects)
- ageing and ailments tables (36 different ailments and effects)
- birth and family circumstances tables
- fortune table
- rank and rank benefits table
- Sensitive Stuff at the Gaming Table, a feature by Elin Dalstal
This book has been written to fit perfectly with the Deluxe Tunnels and Trolls FRPG system by way of example, but it is essentially multi-system, requiring little or no adaptation to use with other FRPGs.