From publisher blurb:
Welcome to the third and final instalment in the Echo of Days Past campaign arc - M3: The City Under the Mountain. In M1 and M2, your players developed from first level beginning characters to sixth level warriors and mages. This final instalment will see them progress along the path of greatness to 8th Level. The story presses on from the end of M2: Beneath the Razor’s Edge and sees the party enter the conquered dwarven realm of Skard.
The quest is fought over six levels and takes place entirely in Skard under the Razor’s Edge mountain chain.
It consists of:
- Entry to Skard: The characters have to force their way into Skard and break into the entry halls of the once great dwarf realm.
- The Power Source: This section sees the party investigate the dwarven water works where they will meet a deranged sorceror and his creation, the Mechatron.
- The Fire Pit: From The Power Source, the characters enter The Fire Pit, where they will encounter the great river of fire, Khunmir, and best their nemesis Zaleria’s overseer, Muzmed before heading north to....
- Gam Daruhl: The dwarven city of Gam Daruhl is now a hotbed of Khanoumid power. Here the characters must defeat the Khanoumid General Arhab as well as evil forces summoned by Zaleria to root out the last dwarves of the realm.
- The Aerie: Fresh air at last as the party heads east and up to the Aerie. This fissure in the mountain is now controlled by Zaleria’s second in command, Zorander and his Beast Riders.
- The Temple: Once a dwarven palace, now converted into a temple of Ehalazuhn. Here the party will finally engage the leader of the conquered domain and High Priestess of Ehalazuhn, Zaleria. From here they pass beyond the material world into the Throne Room of Ehalazuhn himself for a final showdown.
M3: The City Under the Mountain is a challenging campaign designed to take characters from 1st Level to 8th Level in the world’s greatest RPG. It is intended for the most recent version of this great game but could easily be converted to other editions. It concludes an epic quest which began with M1: An Echo of Days Past and continued in M2: Beneath the Razor’s Edge - both of which recieved good reviews. The three modules, all available on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, form an adventure arc running to over 240 pages of varied and exciting encounters and experiences.
The content of this module can be played as a continuing campaign (as intended) or can be used to flesh out any current home grown campaign which might include an underground city.