From publisher blurb:
A darkness hovers over Baulder, corruption grows within, dangers from outside loom, and children no longer sing and laugh in the dusty streets of the town by the lake...
This sandbox location and standalone adventure is designed for use with any traditional fantasy RPG. Compatible with your OSR game of choice, the weird town of Baulder comes fully-detailed with corrupt NPCs, horrible disease-ridden monstrosities, duplicitous deeds, and more than one mystery to explore. In addition, this slim volume also contains "The Day the Bounty Hunters Came to Baulder," providing a deadly scenario for the PCs and "Into the Depths of Zurr," a Lovecraftian under-lake adventure in which hideous aquatic angels patrol the "Stone City of Forever."
A note from the writer: If Bizarre Tales had its own Appendix N, a list of literature, cinema, and television that inspired its creation, this is what such a list would look like:
- Breakheart Pass, by Alistair MacLean and Tom Gries
- "Dagon," by H.P. Lovecraft
- Deadwood, Seasons 1-3, by David Milch
- The Empire Strikes Back, by George Lucas and Irvin Kershner
- The Folly of the World, by Jesse Bullington
- The Fall of the Rebel Angels and Netherlandish Proverbs, by Pieter Bruegel
- "The Slithering Shadow," by Robert E. Howard
- Weird Tales, July 1948, by various
Originally available ONLY as a Mythoard exclusive for February 2015, BIZARRE TALES is now available here on RPGNow for your PDF pleasure.