From publisher blurb:
Scenes of Chance is a storytelling tool. Whether you need a quick, on-the-fly scene, or simply inspiration for the story you're trying to tell, Scenes of Chance is perfect for you.
Here's how it works:
- Each massive, 3.5" x 5.75" card depicts a gorgeous, illustrated scene. On every card are at least three icons, each representing 20 possibilities. If you're adventure is in a forest, try taking all of the forest scenes, shuffle them, and draw one at random. Fate chooses the three elements depicted in the Scene.
- Players look at the card, viewing the beautiful scene.
The scene contains three icons.
- The DM rolls three 20 sided dice.
- Three elements of the scene are revealed to the DM.
- The story is created, the DM reveals it for the players.
What's new in SoC2?
We now have a city. In this city there are six locations. Roll a d6 to choose a random location where you will discover a quest. While in this location roll another d6 to find what the main objective of your quest is and what location the quest starts out in.