From publisher blurb:
Venus. The Emerald Planet. A planet of unimaginable wealth, power, freedom, fame, adventure, immortality. Can you escape its lure or will you fall victim to its dangers?
The steamy jungles of Venus hide all manner of mysteries – and dangers – beneath their thick canopies, from ancient cities to deadly flora and fauna. Explorers look to penetrate their shady depths while corporations seek to exploit the bounty of the Ishtar Range, something the natives Venusians will savagely resist.
The Lure of Venus contains a complete gazetteer of the alien world, including an in-depth look at Venusian Concordats as well as the planet’s many colonies. There’s also a look at the savage Venusians’ high-tech forebears, the Erisians, and all manner of nasty wildlife, new equipment, occupations and more besides.
Can our heroes survive Venus, or will they be lost forever in its jungles?
In this book you will find:
- A guide to the planet, each location accompanied with an interesting character and loads of story hooks to inspire your own adventures.
- A look at the Venusians themselves, with a guide to each of the concordats, their appearance, society, religion and technology, as well as character hooks to inspire players’ backgrounds.
- Background on the secret societies, cults and lodges of the Venusians, from the Cult of the Fanged Mother to the Soviet-backed People’s Army of Venus, including character packages for players.
- A glimpse at those outsiders who seek out wealth, power or fame on Venus, from the US Marines of Camp Butler to the exiled Martians of Tamatha, each with character and story hooks aplenty.
- New creatures, from the lizard-like primates known as the Howling Death to the evocatively named Spiny Gobblers.
- A complete adventure, The Downey Creek War.
- New character traits, from Battle Cry to Smooth Talker, equipment from the Ladite Radium Sword to the Grathik War Lance, and occupational packages from Big Game Hunter to Storm Rider.