From publisher blurb:
A City of Celebration and Sin...
"Eastport is a dangerous place to live, much less to visit, if you don’t go in with eyes open and keep to the open places. Certainly, they want your business – repeatedly, even. It’s not like anyone will just up and stab you for wandering through the gate or off the boat. On the contrary, you are far more valuable alive, at least so long as you have gold to spend and favors to trade...
That’s really what makes Eastport so dangerous. Once it gets enough hands on you, some part of you will always belong to it. You’ll never want for a good party, though."
~ Michael Longteller, Bard and Courier of Galea
Eastport is an excellent example of the kinds of city-states one finds throughout the Wildlands. Fierce independence collides raucously with corrupt capitalism to create a melting pot of intrigue, opportunity, and adventure.
Located along what is commonly referred to as the Western Coastal Road (which runs from Sunset to the northwest to Lanthor in the far south), Eastport is part of the infamous Three Port Region long fought over by the Malakar Dominion, the fae of Landra’Feya, Grayson’s Grey Rangers, and the independent factions of the area.
A backer-created "kingdom," Eastport is the creative contribution of David Vibbert, who rather brilliantly conceived a kind of high-fantasy version of New Orleans. Sean had an immense amount of fun expanding this concept into the complete city-state product you now have here, which includes:
- A complex tapestry of culture and society within a city run by trade and corruption.
- A concise, yet rich history of Five Families and their dramatic influence on the past, present, and future of this vital seaport.
- Numerous factions, and all the story arcs that might evolve from their interactions.
- A complete Denizens section, featuring write ups of key figures and the unique kinds of threats one might face in the city streets, or perhaps out on the seas.
- A useful sidebar on the matter of formalized duels within an urban setting.
- A brief description of Illiana's Point, a lighthouse-based village created by fellow backer Anders A. Olsen.
Eastport will be useful to anyone running fantasy games where a seedy, complex river-and-sea port comes into play.