From publisher blurb:
Out in the Dark
“Space was background noise to most people these days. No one really thought about the vast spaces in between, other than as time stuck inside a metal can.
Marcus could never get over it. The vastness of the void presented infinite possibilities. Some of those possibilities were inspiring. Some, as he knew, were terrifying.
He stared out the porthole, drinking in the black nothing. He watched for stars that seemed to blink out for an instant – a sign that the thing had returned. This odd ritual had become habit, though deep inside Marcus knew that it was forever gone.”
Vessels of the Void: Spaceships:
- Provides details on operating spacecraft, including drive systems, life on-board, travel times, and communications delays.
- Introduces rules to help you purchase and customize your own spaceship, and keep it repaired and resupplied.
- Provides game statistics for eleven different spaceships, from simple orbital transfer vehicles to military ships to giant mining vessels.
- Provides new rules for Modules and Sub-Modules, which customize and specialize your ship.
- Introduces both narrative and tactical space combat systems, for both small and large altercations.