From publisher blurb:
Old Meets New
In the southernmost city in the world, thousands of people come and brave the unforgiving weather to watch the World’s Edge Arena, a televised bloodsport for the modern era. Thanks to the Arena’s success, the once-quiet town of Punta Arenas is now an industrious boomtown where warriors compete for prize money, entrepreneurs compete for a share of the tourism, and locals compete for the scraps of what’s left.
Have you come seeking fame and fortune at the risk of finding an early grave, or are you an old-timer who wants to see the city returned to its old ways? Whether you’re here to compete or you’re just trying to eke out a living in this rapidly changing city, one thing’s for certain: your life will never be the same thanks to the World’s Edge Arena.
This book includes:
- A detailed look at the city of Punta Arenas, Chile, in the year 2096. A look at its interesting places, people, night life, and other features which make the city a prime place to set a campaign.
- Guidelines for running an Arena tournament using Psi-punk. Characters battle in ever-shifting terrain against all manner of beasts and warriors.
- A new “Fan Favor” mechanic for players to earn bonuses by wooing crowds and earning fan loyalty.
- New statblocks for over two dozen opponents, including psychically-controlled, cybernetically enhanced beasts such as kodiak bears and komodo dragons. Plenty of human opponents for use in any Psi-punk game.
- Sample background hooks for new character archetypes such as the Beast Trainer, Controller, Promoter, Street Rat, and Security guard.
- 6 new adventure seeds set in and around the city of Punta Arenas. Inspiration for Game Masters who’d like to craft non-combat encounters.