From the Publisher
The sand billows about you, obscuring the old road and making your eyes water. Ahead, the silhouette of the "fortunate city" looms. What will this venerable capital contain for you and your party - riches, fame and glory? Or corruption, scandal and death far from your home?
Shadows of Umberto is a framework for running Dungeon World adventures within, above, below and beyond an ancient city teetering on the brink of revolution. Will your party be heralds to a glorious new order, or help usher in the city's demise? One way to find out...
- A wealth of information on the city of Umberto: it's history, it's peoples, what's on offer, and who's likely to want you dead.
- A introductory letter to get new campaigns started
- Three interlocking fronts, each representing a different faction striving to crush or conquer Umberto. Who will come out on top, and will the players be around to see it? PLUS: Two 'encounter' fronts, covering what might happen after your grim portents come to pass!
- New named hirelings, including - Milena, a magus with ambition; Hakiki an old crone who may be too helpful; and introducing your new best friend, Woof the dog!
- All the things you've come to expect from a classy Dungeon World adventure: new magic items, custom moves, monsters, and more!
- Two high-quality maps for your table: the city plan and the Iron Marches