From publisher blurb:
Microlite81 Extended is based on the Basic and Expert boxed sets of the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game published in 1981 and includes everything in the standard version of Microlite81 with the author’s house rules from the 1977-1983 era modified as needed to work with a system based on B/X.
Microlite81 Extended includes everything one needs to play except dice and paper. The 60 page rulebook includes:
- Simple Character Creation Rules: Roll 4 attributes and select a class, background, and alignment.
- Standard Classes: Fighter, Magic-User, Cleric, Thief, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling
- Optional Classes: Assassin, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Illusionist, Paladin, Ranger, Warlord, Dragonborn, Tiefling, and Warforged
- Backgrounds provide a simple and fast way to factor in a character's culture and non-class-related a abilities.
- Simple and fast-playing combat system that tracks physical damage (aka body points) separately from luck/skill/fatigue (aka hit point) damage.
- Hit points recover with a night’s rest. Spells cost hit points to cast. Actual wounds recover more slowly.
- Rules for hirelings, monster reactions (not every monster wants to fight), morale (not every monster fights to the death), strongholds, magic research, and more.
- Optional rules for advantages and disadvantages, character goals and personality traits, fire-and-forget magic, traditional saving throws, psionics, divine intervention, and more
- A complete list of spells and monsters.
- Compatible with most other B/X or BECMI based games and adventures