From publisher blurb:
Microlite81 Advanced is based on the Basic and Expert boxed sets of the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game published in 1981 combined with the classes, spells, and treasure from the 1e (advanced) version of the world’s most popular fantasy RPG -- thus recreating the way many people who started with B/X played 1e in the 1980s.
Microlite81 Advanced includes everything one needs to play except dice and paper. The 206 page illustrated rulebook includes:
- Simple Character Creation Rules: Roll 4 attributes and select a class, background and alignment.
- Standard Classes include Fighter, Magic-User, Cleric, Thief, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling
- Optional Classes include Assassins, Barbarians, Bards, Druids, Illusionists, Paladins, Rangers, Warlords, Dragonborn, Half-Orges, Tieflings, and Warforged.
- Two sets of "core" rules: standard and extended. The standard rules are less complex while the extended rules incorporate many of the author's house rules.
- Backgrounds provide a simple and fast way to factor in a character's culture and non-class-related a abilities.
- Simple and fast-playing combat system -- that tracks physical damage (aka body points) separately from luck/skill/fatigue (aka hit point) damage if the extended rules are used.
- Hit points recover with a night’s rest. Spells cost hit points to cast. Actual wounds recover more slowly.
- Rules for hirelings, monster reactions (not every monster wants to fight), morale (not every monster fights to the death), strongholds, magic research, and more.
- Optional rules for advantages and disadvantages, character goals and personality traits, fire-and-forget magic, traditional saving throws, weapon damage by class, armor for everyone, psionics, divine intervention, spirits, aspects, action points, and more
- A complete list of spells, monsters, and treasure with detailed descriptions and random tables for monsters and treasure.
- Compatible with most other B/X, BECMI, or 1e based games and adventures