From publisher blurb:
The magical land of Equestria is now yours to explore in this Dungeons & Dragons inspired tabletop RPG. Based off of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, this game will provide everything you need to play a game within the world of the show. When I wrote this game, my first priority was versatility. You can play a slice of life adventure or a more traditional adventure with swords and sorcery. The rules are also written as clearly as possible, but still provide a lot of flexibility for changes and additions. This is a game that is accessible to newcomers and advanced players alike and with detailed lists for abilities, monsters, magic, and items, there's plenty to give you ideas.
New to the 4th edition: Wow, forgive me for bragging, but I have really outdone myself with this update. Many elements of the game has been rebalanced or heavily edited, some new rules and features have been added, several mistakes have been corrected, and overall, I feel have a much more solid game now than when I long since started. The list below is only a small sampling of the changes and improvements I’ve made this game. If you haven't played my game yet, now is the best time to do it.
- I can’t believe it took me so long to realize a major mistake I’d made with the armor. You see, in previous editions, I had given PCs the option to wear armor made of leather and dragon hide. But as I was writing the fourth edition, it suddenly occurred to me that ponies, who are vegetarians, probably would object to the idea of wearing leather. Oops! I derped. So I’ve redesigned padded armor so that it supersedes leather armor, I’ve deleted dragon hide armor from the list, and readjusted the stats of all the other armor to compensate.
- For ranged weapons and spells “5 feet per Agility/Mentation” used to be the standard range. Now, almost all ranged weapons and spells have a range of “10 feet per Agility/Mentation.”
- The Telekinetic Spear feat has been deleted. New feats have been put in such as Telekinetic Crush, Magical Energy Beams, and Magical Energy Rays to replace it.
- Characters from Daring Do’s adventures (including Ahuizotl, his henchmen cats, Talicon warriors, and Daring Do) have been removed from Alternate Version Characters and have been placed in the actual list of canon characters in this book
- The Talk to Animals feat has been deleted. If a PC wants to be able to talk to animals, they must learn the Faunal language by obtaining a level in the Linguistics skill. The Magic Surge feat has been deleted and replaced with the Quicken Spell.
- For those of you who want to play as a thief or as a bard, I’ve made some changes to feats essential to those classes. The Bard Songs feat has been edited so that bards no longer have to roll the dice just to successfully play a song. I also edited the instructions to the Sneak Attack feat and the Stealth skill so they’re clearer.
- Under character creation, starting skill points, Aptitude points, and HP has been rebalanced for alicorn level characters so it is fairer to adult and foal level characters.