From publisher blurb:
Welcome, friend! Since you're looking at this particular installment for the multiple award-winning HackMaster™ 4th edition roleplaying game, that means you already know the difference between ordinary and epic. You're not ordinary; you're extraordinary. You just need somewhere to prove it. You need a world where men are real men, women are real women, and magic and monsters are as real as your current routine of breakfast cereal and ham sandwiches. Yes, for those of us that slave each day in our cubicle working for the Man; those who would be heroes if it were not for the constraints of reality, we present... World of Aldrazar!
Whether you need to plan your journey to a distant city, map out the most direct path to your enemy's stronghold, or simply want to settle down in your lair and immerse yourself in a study of king and country, this is the book for you! This 86-page codex will guide your quest for ultimate power like a brilliant beacon amidst a coastal storm, and assist your rise above the petty rabble of thieves, quacks and thugs - otherwise known as everyone you've ever met. Yes, this thoroughly researched and finely detailed reference work includes everything you ever wanted to know about the Aldrazar campaign setting (colloquially known as Garweeze Wurld). Here's just a sampling of the inventory of secrets revealed herein:
- Detailed information on 33 empires, kingdoms, city-states, and other realms.
- Country data for climates, natural resources and hazards, racial and ethnic groups, religions, social alignment, government types, political factions and pressures, and more!
- 40 pages of detailed atlas maps, with random encounter matrixes and political boundaries.
- Gobs of detail on language skill rules, including 45 modern dialects and 14 ancient languages.
- Guidelines for tracking the lunar cycles for any of Aldrazar's three moons.
- A listing of major holidays your characters might celebrate.
- A place name index for easy cross-referencing.
- And much, much more!