From the back cover:
THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS A ROARING MAELSTROM OF DEATH AND WAR
THE INNER PLANETS HAVE BEEN SWEPT CLEAN BY THE VIOLENT ONSLAUGHT OF THE DARK LEGION'S MONSTROUS HORDES AND UNDEAD SOLDIERS.
IN THE ENORMOUS CITIES OF THE DISTANT FUTURE, HERETICS DEVOTED TO THE DESTRUCTION OF MANKIND STALK THE DARK BACKSTREETS AND GLOOMY ALLEYS, SPREADING THEIR TEACHINGS OF GREED, JEALOUSY, AND WAR.
Mutant Chronicles takes you on a full-throttle diesel-punk ride through a solar system beset by corporate intrigue and the invasion of the Dark Legion. With technology failing due to the insidious effects of the Dark Symmetry, mankind must fight back against the Dark Legion hordes whilst dealing with in-fighting and conspiracy.
Now, in this 3rd Edition of the definitive techno-fantasy roleplaying game, you can play during the early days of the Dark Symmetry, through to the brutal Corporate Wars. Investigate foul cults as technology turns against mankind, or fight the armies of the Dark Legion as they pour forth from citadels across the colonies in the battle for humanity’s future.
• An introduction to the 2d20 game system that provides everything you will need to launch straight into action-packed, cinematic roleplaying.
• Briefings on the major corporations, Imperial, Bauhaus, Capitol, Mishima, and Cybertronic, as well as the Cartel, the Brotherhood, and Whitestar.
• An overview of the major themes that are ever-present in the Mutant Chronicles setting.
• An insight into the three interlinked forces that are seeking to devour all life within our solar system, the Dark Soul, the Dark Symmetry, and the Dark Legion Apostles.
• A complete introductory scenario, Straffar Gatan 39, which includes six pregenerated characters