From publisher blurb:
Behold The Jester Dragon’s Guide to Defects, a complete Pathfinder role-playing game sourcebook detailing every character flaw, mental disorder, physical abnormality, medical condition, and outright quirk you could ever want to liven up your characters and your campaigns! The hundreds of Defects within these pages give you a whole new way to customize characters and create the roles you want to them play. Remember, the only thing better than a hero is a flawed hero, because perfection is boring.
This book contains:
- Nearly 300 Defects, from minor faults to fatal flaws.
- Defects appropriate for any genre, from Swords-and-Sorcery to Space Opera.
- Innovative “Metagame” Defects that effect players as well as characters.
- Additional rules for Fumbles, Critical Failures, Potion Miscibility, Wearing Glasses, Phobias, and Prosthetics.
- Humorously illustrated with more than 40 cartoons.
Even as characters can have Feats that give them particular aptitudes and enhance their various skills and capabilities, so too can they suffer from Defects that negatively affect their ability to function. Such Defects can be used to make games more fun and unpredictable, and even more plausible.
This book was inspired by concepts introduced in the best-selling Nuisances: Director's Cut. We very much hope you will find it to be useful and enjoyable!