From publisher blurb:
Dungeon Questing is a classic fantasy roleplaying game based on Swords & Wizardry White Box but with a completely changed rules mechanic — this game only uses six-sided dice to handle anything in the game, and there is no levels or classes.
Players create their characters in the way they see fit and character advancement is skill based, where the advancement comes in small steps after each gaming session.
For those of you who still wants classes and levels, fear not! The classes and levels are still there as an optional rule for character creation and advancement, which is basically the original White Box using a 2d6 system instead.
So grab you sword and shield and start your adventures in the world of Dungeon Questing!
- Only six-sided dice are used; a 2d6 mechanic for action checks.
- Custom character creation using a skill-based system.
- All the White Box spells and monsters (plus a few additional ones!).
- Rules for strongholds and mass battles.
- A new treasure generation system.
- Classes and levels as an optional system for characters.