From publisher blurb:
In a misty graveyard beneath a crescent moon five men were gathered. In front of them, shrouded in shadow stood a tomb, dark, uninviting with pillars standing in ruin. The men moved, with soft-soled leather boots, they made not a sound as they approached the ancient structure. The lead man started as the cry of a lone wolf pierced the silence. They then wordlessly began again. As they approached, an age old inscription could be seen through the mist. A crest with three swords. It was evident this was a tomb belonging to knights. Then without a word, the lead man stepped through the door and into the gloom.
Adventure shorts volume Four is series of five encounters, written for the fifth edition of the world's most popular roleplaying game. The five encounters included in this volume are written to be played as a single quest, but could easily be separated and played individually at the GM’s discretion. To this end we’ve provided ideas for alternative adventure hooks at at the beginning of each encounter. As in some of our other titles we’re providing balanced encounters and treasure for a party of five characters of levels three, five and seven.
The encounters include monsters, traps, obstacles, secret codes, and treasure to challenge your fifth edition players. We’ve also included printer-friendly maps that can be used to set up your own player grids. The encounter titles are as follows:
- Tomb of the Knights: In an ancient cemetery the tomb of a few old knights could possibly hold the key to finding a King's legacy.
- Ruined Tower: Only time will tell if there's anything special about this old guard outpost.
- Cave of Whispering Ripples: An underground lake, in what appears to be a dead end cave, may yield its secrets to an astute group of adventurers willing to take an extra step or two.
- Bell Cave: A large, underground cave marked only by a nondescript, overgrown stone has one or two unexpected secrets to conceal.
- Heart of the Jewel: Only someone holding all the right pieces will have a chance at solving the puzzle at the center of the quest.