From publisher blurb:
Welcome to The Mist City.
In the cold, damp reaches of the Washed Coast, lays a city full of intrigue and mystery. Shangri LA, the former city of Los Angeles stands as a beacon of opportunity for many of those living in the Western Wilds. But there are many mysterious aspects of the city that are only hinted at in rumors. The Shangri LA economy is based on a combination of indentured servitude, body organ trading, as well as fishing and trade via the accessible ports on the outskirts of the city. Far and wide, Shangri LA is fabled to be a great many things, but few know the true inclinations and interests of those in charge. These pages will help shed some light on the mysterious coastal city, allowing you nearly unfettered access to a place where a kidney or skin graft can be bought, or perhaps even taken from you. This book will serve as a background for one-off adventures, and even entire campaigns within the Wreck Age world.
The Shangri La book contains:
- Detailed notes from a mysterious agent, who did extensive research on the mysterious city- a dead man named Agent 429 left a detailed report, picked up by a caravan agent named Gallo. He will be your guide for the city of Shangri LA, adding commentary and additional information that the report may have left out. This guide can help you to create and advance a game or campaign in the Wreck Age setting. Using this book, you can get your group exploring the Washed Coast in no time.
- Settlements, from Newport to Big Bear Mountain, all the way up to Lake Is Bella where members of the ARHK establish their foothold into the area, much to the chagrin of the ruling council of Shangri La.
- Stores such as Catalino’s and Ano’s, where Shangri LA residents go to do business of all sorts, regardless of legality. Shangri La brings a new setting to life throughout these pages.
- Revenants, are the augmented warriors tasked with secretive objectives throughout the city.
- The Cult of the Undying, are the eyes and ears of a Stitcher community. They rule Shangri La with guile and subterfuge from behind the scenes.
- Gente Del Mar are a water-borne tribe, who have maintained large family fleets for generations. They exist in a nebulous state, that lays south and west of Shangri La, in the Big Wet ocean.
- The Fung are the warriors of the Stitchers in the area, and are used for a variety of body snatching missions, as well as helping to keep the locals in line.
- The ARHK maintains a foothold in the area, to the north of Shangri La. Lake Is Bella is a shanty town which stands in the shadows of an old dam. Here, political refugees mix with petty criminals, all trying to make a go at life on the Washed Coast outside of the reach of the Shangri La Council.