From the back cover:
The Ultimate Medieval Melee System
At last, a realistic hand-to-hand combat system. First in a series of role-playing aids stressing accuracy, the Sword's Path — Glory combat system includes these features:
- Simultaneous movement and combat, without turns or written orders.
- The effects of agility, speed, and strength on combat performance.
- The effects of weapon weights and designs, stabbing, slashing, or impact.
- The first accurate representation of armor protection, based on actual penetration tests.
- And, above all, over 67 anatomical hit-location tables which do away with "Hit Points" and other such arbitrary measures of how many times you have to hit the ogre to kill him. Stab him in the heart and he'll die the first time!
This system is fast, simple, and yet because of the data provided, a highly realistic simulation of weapons, armor, and physical damage. This realism, combined with the simultaneous movement and combat system, provides a unique and efficient blend of realism and playability. It has been designed for the experienced player, and is recommended for the age group 16 and over. The system provides the conscientious game-master and/or war gamer the opportunity to inject the ultimate realism into any hand-to-hand combat.
We invite YOU to walk the Sword's Path and move up to the Leading Edge.
From the SPG Overview section:
Sword's Path — Glory is a set of rules covering all aspects of role playing in either a historical or fantasy background, with ancient or medieval technology. This is Book I of the series and deals only with hand-to-hand combat.