From publisher blurb:
Welcome to the “World of Kos,” the sixth volume of the Swords of Kos Fantasy Campaign Setting! This book provides an overview of the campaign setting and of how it came to be and provides a framework for the first five volumes, “Kos City,” “Kos Island,” “Lands Beyond Kos,” “Lives of Kos,” and “Encounters,” and can be used either in conjunction with them or on its own.
This book contains:
- Maps of Kos Island, the Aegean, and the Mediterranean.
- An overview of the world, the impact upon it of the Great Cataclysm, and a timeline.
- A section on Deities and Religion and the ongoing war between the Olympian Gods and the primordial Titans.
- A section on 17 races native to the world of Kos, including Antaeans, Arachneans, Cynocephalians, Island Gnomes, and Myrmidons.
- A section on Monsters and their roles in the world of Kos.
- Sections on Languages, Clothing, Wealth & Money, Entertainment, Military Organizations, and Adventurer Culture.
The Swords of Kos Fantasy Campaign Setting has deliberately been designed to be system free, not tied to any particular game setting, and to be compatible with any set of role-playing game rules suitable for ancient, medieval, or fantasy venues. In that the setting was used as the playtest backdrop for games using the OGL/d20, Pathfinder, “Basic” Dungeons & Dragons and Labyrinth Lord retroclone, and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons rules, of course, it is an especially ideal setting for them.