From publisher blurb:
You're Not In Kansas Anymore....
A new Wizard is enthroned in the Emerald City but his intentions are purely wicked. Heartless Tin-Men soldiers police the lands while sinister Straw-Men assassins instill fear in those who oppose his will.
Battle for Oz uses the original canon of its creator L. Frank Baum, but with a new modern spin and just a touch of fantasy horror. Players can take on the role of a Lion-Man, an outcast Winged Monkey, a Clockwork, a Patchwork, an ancient Oz native, or just an outsider from the "normal" world following in the footsteps of Dorothy Gale, all banding together to fight to free the lands of Oz.
Battle for Oz
is a complete game setting built for the award-winning Savage Worlds rule-set published by Pinnacle Entertainment Group, therefore you will need the Savage Worlds core book to play the game. Battle for Oz
details the entire land of Oz, which is just a small part in the center of a larger continent called Nonestica. The Battle for Oz book contains everything a GM and a player needs to adventure in and explore Oz including:
- Seventeen unique races - including their background, culture, racial edges, and distinctive appearance.
- New Arcane Backgrounds - Oz is rich in magic and all of the Arcane Backgrounds have been altered to reflect the setting, such as the Scar Mage, Fae Druid, and the totally unique Minstrel.
- A complete history of Oz - from ancient times through the time of Dorothy, and up to the present day.
- Fantastic new edges, skills, and powers - like Alchemy, Crystal Lore, and Technomancy.
- Twenty two distinct Archetypes - for the player who just wants to plug and play, this system allows you to pick or random roll an Archetype, choose a race and your done with character creation in minutes!
- New and expanded setting rules - including Bonus Raise Damage, Weapon Proficiencies, Gem Setting and Potion Making.
- A complete detailed list of all of the major areas of Oz - including maps, important NPC's and encounter tables for those who just want to explore.
- A complete plot point campaign - designed to take players from Novice to Legendary and strike a major blow towards the defeat of the new evil Wizard.
- A complete bestiary and NPC section - with detailed stats and character descriptions making even the most unprepared GM look good.
- Cover to cover art in both black and white and color - that immerses the reader in this fantastic world taken from the pages of one of the most recognizable fantasy lands in American literary history.